<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Short note on the Lightning. 

Lost their second in a row for the first time since 2003, 3-1 to the Islanders. Only managed to see maybe half the game tonight, so this post is more for completeness than analysis. The bright spot, for me at least (being almost as much an Islander fan as Lightning fan), is that the Islanders picked up 2 points and moved that much closer to a playoff spot. Watching Lightning-Islander games is really hell for me, as I'm usually too conflicted to get excited either way. My rule of thumb has been to pull for the team that needs the points most, but tonight they both needed the points - the Lightning to stay #1 in the East and get home ice through at least the conference final, and the Islanders just to make it in. Of course if things go the way I want them to for both teams, I'll have to suffer through an entire first round series I'd almost rather not watch, since they're currently #1 and #8 in the East, as the Islanders can't finish better than 8th. OK, my head hurts continuing to try to think about what I want to see happen, so I'll stop here and go to bed.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter