<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

What to expect here 

Movie Reviews

I'm a movie geek - I try to average viewing one movie a day. I rarely go to the theater; instead, I watch DVDs on a large, widescreen TV. What I hope to do here is write a short review of each film I see, broken down into two categories: "thoughts going in" - my expectations for the film, and "thoughts going out" - my review of the film. You'll likely see a mix of older (60s,70s) movies and newer ones (late 90s-present). There's really no rhyme or reason to which films you might end up seeing me review.

Music Reviews

I'm also heavily into music, so I'll be dropping in some thoughts on newly released albums from time to time.

Sports

And I'm a sports nut as well. At the moment, my focus is on the Tampa Bay Lightning (my hometown NHL team), and the Florida Gators basketball team (my law school alma mater). I'm also a huge Tampa Bay Bucs fan, and a New York Yankees fan (grew up on Long Island during the 70s). And despite my love for the Lightning, my close #2 NHL team is the New York Islanders. Unfortunately, there's a strong chance the two will meet in the opening round of the NHL playoffs. Anyway, I plan to throw in game comments for these teams as well.

Politics

As those from rec.music.artists.springsteen know, I'm not shy about offering my political opinions, and just about all the blogging I read is in the political realm. I'm a Democrat and I'm kind of in the middle of that spectrum. (In other words, I'm not a Joe Lieberman Republican-Lite, but I'm not a Deaniac either). For the record, I supported John Edwards. Although Kerry doesn't exactly thrill me, I'm 100% in his corner this year.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter