<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 03, 2004

My American League team. 

My American League rotisserie team, the Ferra Fowls (fair or foul, get it?) are now set. We play a 4x4 AL-only, down to 9 teams this season.

Here's the 23-man roster (* denotes player I protected):

C-Varitek-17*, LeCroy-4. 1B-Broussard-9*. 2B-B.Boone-28*. SS-Crosby-5*. 3B-Koskie-12. CI-Konerko-11. MI-Lugo-9*. OF-M.Ramirez-38, Kielty-5*, L.Nix-9*, Lofton-13, J.Guillen-5. DH-Lawton-1. P-Hudson-21*, Moyer-14*, Ainsworth-5*, DuBose-5*, Washburn-6, Bradford-2, Leskanic-5*, A.Lopez-10*, Rhodes-20.

My first take is solid, if unspectacular. Good power, could use some more speed. Pitching-wise, I'm taking a gamble on Ainsworth and DuBose, pitching in the tough AL East. And Arthur Rhodes needs to prove he can close - at least I also got Bradford, who would likely be next in line. In the reserve draft, highlights were a rehabbing Aaron Boone (possible late-season and next-season help), blue-chip prospects Jeremy Reed and Alexis Rios, possible near-future Twins closer Jesse Crain, possible near-future Jays closer Justin Speier, and a guy I really like (yet another young Oriole pitcher), Erik Bedard. Play ball! National League draft tomorrow.
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter